Indonesian Folktales

Saturday, February 5, 2011

One of Those Fav Lines from Conversation With God Book I

Mostly when I feel I've been giving my self too much hard times, one of those books I will pick to light up the days is Neale Donald Walsch's Conversation With God Book I. Here are some of my favorite lines:

There are no "shoulds" or "shouldn'ts" in God's world. Do what you want to do. Do what reflects oum what re-presents you as a grander version of your Self. If you want to feel bad, feel bad.
But judge not, and neither condemn, for you know not
why a thing occurs, nor to what end.
And remember you this: that which you condemn will condemn you,
and that which you judge, you will one day become.
Rather, seek to change those things -- or support others who are changing those things -- which no longer
reflect your highest sense of Who You Are.
Yet bless all -- for all is the creation of God, through life living and that is the highest creation.

Could we just stop here for a moment and let me catch my breath? Did I hear you say there are no
"shoulds" or "should nots" in God's world?

That is correct.

How can that be? If there are noe in Your world, where would they be?

Indeed -- where...?

I repeat the question. Where else would "shoulds" and "should nots" appear, if not in Your world?

In your imagination.

But those who have taught me all about the rights and wrongs, the dos and don'ts , the shoulds and shouldn'ts, told me all those rules were laid down by You -- by God.
Then those who taught you were wrong. i have never set down a "right" or "wrong", a "do"  or a "don't". To do so would be to strip you completely of your greatest gift -- the opportunity to do as you pleasem and experience the result of that; the chance to create yourself anew in the iage and likeness of Who You Really Are; the space to produce a reality of a higher and higher you, based on your grandest idea of what it is of which you are capable.

To say that something --  a thought, a word, an action -- is "wrong" would be as much as to tell you not to do it. To tell you not to do it would be to prohibit you. To prohibit you would be to restrict you. To restrict you would be to deny the reality of Who You Really Are, as well as the opportunity for you to create and experience the truth.
There are those who say that I have given you free will, yet these same people claim that if you do not obey Me, I will send you to hell. What kind of free will is that? Does this not make a mockery of God -- to say nothing of any sort of true relationship between us?

No comments:

Post a Comment